Download a file
In a you can download a file from a specific location in OneDrive to your mobile device. This is useful when your device is offline, and you want to view the document or file. Use the OneDrive Data Provider with the download method. The file is downloaded to the mobile device's storage.
OneDrive downloads are stored in the following location depending on the device's operating system.
- Android - File apps/Internal Storage/Documents
- iOS - File apps/On My iPhone/Jigx/
The following properties are required in the YAML to successfully download a file:
- fileName - Add the file name with the extension, e.g. Invoice.pdf
- entity - file path in OneDrive
- tokenType - OAuth token credentials name
- method: download
- Downloading a file that already exists in the device's storage will overwrite the existing file based on the file name.
- Downloading large files will impact the storage on the device.
- A delay or time lag of several minutes could be experienced when files are syncing between the device and OneDrive.
The code example below provides an example of a list of invoices in the myfiles directory of OneDrive. To download a file from the list to your mobile device, swipe left and press the Download button.