Add a component using a template
We have used the default template to add a profile to the project in the previous step. Let's go ahead and add a component template. Component templates allow you to quickly build up your solution by inserting the required component into the file.
In our solution, we have a new customer form, when we signup the new customer we want them to sign the form. Let's use the signature component template to do this.
- In Explorer in the jigs folder, right-click on the new-customer.jigx file.
- Components are normally added under a children node in the YAML. Under the last component.email-field section just above the actions node place your cursor in the correct node position in the YAML editor and press the ctrl+space keys. The component IntelliSense popup displays listing the available components.
3. Scroll to the bottom and select Use template. The template gallery opens providing the templates for various components. Use the Search and category fields to find the signature template or browse the gallery by scrolling through the options.
4. Hover over the Form signature field template and click the blue insert button.
5. The template YAML will be inserted into your file.
6. Publish your project and tap on the new customer widget on the in the app. See the signature component on the form.