Use templates to create apps
Create a travel app using one of the provided templates. The template inserts the required YAML in the correct format. Use the template as a base on which to build when creating a . If the template by default provides the functionality you need, publish your project to use the jig on your mobile device. Build time: 5 mins
- Open , and click on the icon in the left navigation bar. Select the Create New Jigx Solution button.
- Type World Travel in the Solution title field and press enter. This name displays at the top of your solution on the in the .
- The Solution name field automatically prepopulates with the solution's system name world-travel. Press Enter.
- For this solution select the business category.
- Select a local folder where the project files are saved too. Your default solution files open in the editor with the .jigx extensions ready for editing.
- In Explorer expand the jigs folder and click on myfirstjig.jigx file. The auto-complete popup displays.
- Click on use template to open the list of templates.
- Under Default hoverover Default jig 6 and click the blue configure button.
- Select the 2x2 widget block and select the tenth (Le Morne) widget.
- The jigx file is populated with the YAML for the template.
- Change the title to Thailand as the title for your jig.
- The myfirstjig.jigx file is already referenced in the index.jigx file which is the home screen file ().
- In click on the icon in the left navigation bar.
- In the Explorer hover over the world-travel node till you see the publish icon (rocket). Click on the icon to start the publishing process.
- Enter your username and press Enter.
- Enter your password and press Enter. The publishing process starts and the progress shows in the bottom right corner of the editor. A message displays when the solution is successfully published.
Yes it is that simple to build apps in . Explore further by either editing the YAML in myfirstjig.jigx; or adding additional files under the folder, add another template, reference the file in index.jigx and publish the solution.