Building Apps with Jigx
Create a new Jigx Solution
Creating a starts with building a solution in , then publishing the solution to Cloud.
Every solution requires the following:
- Solution title - the solution title is visible at the top of the home hub screen in the app. Ensure that the title is unique, as there is no validation on the name, which could result in overwriting an existing solution with the same title.
- Solution name - The solution name is the system name and derives the name from the solution title with the following rules applied:
- Cannot start with a number
- No spaces are allowed; hyphens replace spaces
- It must be in lowercase
- Solution category - Provides a list of predefined categories to choose from. The category you select displays as a tag at the top of your solution in the Home Hub under the solution title in the app.
- Solution location - either on your local machine or in a Git repository.
- Open , and click on the icon in the left navigation bar. Select the Create New Jigx Solution button.
- Provide a solution title and press enter.
- The Solution name field prepopulates with the solution's system name. You can provide a different solution name if you want.
- Select a relevant category where you want the solution saved.
- Select a local folder or Git repository where the project files are saved too.
- Your solution scaffolding opens in the editor with the .jigx extensions ready for editing.
Follow the steps in the getting started section to build your first Jigx solution.