In the index.jigx file you set many important solution settings, including the main information about the solution, the home hub set up, and properties reusable throughout the solution.
- Name - Your internal solution name
- Title - This name displays in your app, and Management
- Category - A predefined list of solution categories to choose from
- Description - A description you provide for your solution
Widgets, home, and stories are properties used to build your home hub.
For more details please refer to the Home Hub Experience.
These properties allow you to configure Actions executed in various scenarios.
- OnLoad - when the jig loads for the first time
- OnFocus - when the jig receives focus
- OnRefresh - when the jig refreshes
The assets property preloads and caches the images when the solution downloads or updates. This allows the images to display when the app is offline. Every item in assets needs to start with one of the following:
All icons used throughout a solution are automatically added to the index.jigx file as assets. This improves performance of the app and ensures that all icons are available when the mobile device is offline and the app is in use.
The following applies to the asset list:
- Each icon change detection automatically causes an update of the assets: icon: list in the index.jigx file.
- All icons from all files are added to the asset list, expect icons referenced or listed within datasources e.g., =@ctx.datasources.ds.icon. You can manually add these icons to the asset list in the index.jigx file.
- Icons are added to the asset list automatically or you can manually add icons to the list.
- Automatically generated icons are indicated by a comment # auto-generated after the icon name in the list
- Manually added icons do not have the comment added
Use the expressions property to set expressions that are reusable throughout the solution.
For more details and examples refer to the Shared Expressions section in Expressions.
In the dependencies property, you can define the mobile app build version compatible with the YAML configuration.
If the current mobile app build version does not meet the criteria, the 'Out of date' screen will appear (displayed on the right ), with a message that an update is required. Tapping the Update button redirects you to your app settings to update the version of the app.