Create a view of the customer record
In this section, you learn how to create a view using the entity-field component to display the data returned from the Dynamic data provider. Add an action to go to a form that allows you to edit and update a record.
- Open the Hello- solution in in , right-click on the s node in Explorer, and select New file.
- Name the file view-customer. The file opens and shows the 's auto-complete popup listing the five types of s you can select. Click on Default to open the skeleton YAML created by the .
- Give your jig a title and description.
- Delete the header and onfocus nodes.
- Specify the SQLite Dynamic data provider, the table, and the SQLite query needed to return the customer's details. Below is an example of the code you can use.
- Now that you have the data you want to view, specify how you want to view the data. For this step, we want to view the data in a form similar to the new customer form. The code below shows using the form component, field-row, and entity- fields to display the customer's first and last name, and email address.
- Once you can view the returned customer record, you want to be able to edit the record and save the changes to the SQLite Dynamic Data provider. Add the action.go-to that directs you to the edit form using the custId to reference the individual customer record. Use the code below to create the action button.
2. Your view-customer.jigx file should resemble the code below.